Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Down in the Islands

As many of you know, April and I recently returned from a trip to St. John. We had planned this trip in celebration of all four of us surviving the girls' first year. We spent six wonderful days taking in the scenery, snorkeling, hanging out on the beach, and generally relaxing! It was so wonderful to wake up in the morning with the only decision to make being which beach(es) we would visit today.


Sunset from the Best Western Emerald Beach in St. Thomas. We spent one night here before heading to the villa in St. John. Not a bad way to start our trip.

On Wednesday we took a day trip to Jost Van Dyke in the British Virgin Islands. We visited the famous Foxy's and the Soggy Dollar Bar where we enjoyed the signature drink of the islands: the Painkiller! Of course the highlight of the excursion for me was sailing on the 46' sloop "Survivan." There really is nothing like being heeled over on a close haul in 20 knot winds.


The small island behind the second sailboat is Waterlemon Cay which offers some of the best snorkeling on St. John. Man, that was a long swim!!


On Thursday we took in the sunset in Cruz Bay while enjoying drinks from the second floor lounge in Zo Zo's.


This was the sunrise view from our house in Coral Bay.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad I saw all these pictures AFTER I snow blowed the driveway for an hour after work... which I actually enjoyed (except for one turn of the wind which sent a lot of snow down my jacket).

I know where I want to be come March when I just can't take the snow anymore!