Monday, August 11, 2008

20 Second Time Out


A 20-second time out. That is the best way to describe Saturday. A brief respite from all of the baby preparation. My lovely and understanding wife allowed me to attend the Beer, Bourbon, and BBQ festival in Cary this past weekend. How great does that sound: unlimited samples of beer, bourbon, and barbecue in a single location. For those like me that are thinking this sounds too good to be true, you‘re right. There were only two ‘que vendors and they were both pretty bad. Thankfully, the other two namesakes of the event were able to carry the show.

Any afterglow that may have been remaining from my day off was quickly erased on Sunday evening when another truckload of baby goodies arrived at the house. The generosity of our friends and family is truly amazing and we are very grateful. That said, it solidified my To-Do List for next weekend. WE NEED EXTRA STORAGE!!! These girls have more clothes than I do. Needless to say, I will be hanging new racks in the closet and refinishing a dresser on Saturday. And fondly remembering my day off.

Birthing classes start this week. I can only imagine!!!

Also, a special thanks to Hagan, Amy, and everyone that contributed to providing April with an enjoyable afternoon on Sunday.



The grandmothers counting down the days.

Landon seems to agree with AJ about that cooties thing. What is with these guys??

I guess I should get used to pouty faced, red-headed girls!!

And of course, the beautiful ladies of the shower!!

No comments: