If this didn’t seem real before, the bundle of blankets, binkys, and bottles that we moved into our house Sunday evening really drove the point home. We have onesies, sleep ‘n plays, sleepers, and gowns. We have burp cloths, receiving blankets, fleece blankets, and “everyday easy blankets.” If I could figure out which one to use, I would probably find a corner and pull a blanket over my head.
I like to think that this thing isn’t as difficult as it appears, but only time will tell. Here is my plan of attack:
Baby is naked and/or wet and/or dirty: Put her in something clean.
Baby is ready to sleep: Grab a blanket.
I guess if I use onesie when I should have used a sleeper it will make for a good story for April to share. At least I can be good for a laugh.
Also, it appears the days of female-only baby showers are over. I am not sure why this is the case. There are several good reasons for men not attending baby showers. Not the least of these reasons is that our heads may explode as we try to figure out the differences between Moisture Care Baby Wash, Head to Toe Baby Wash, and Bedtime Bath. (Are you serious?) But also, because we seem to lack the gene that allows us to maintain a high level enthusiasm as we open the 14th gift bag of onesies and blankets (of some variety).
I mention this only to stress that if my eyes appear to glaze over or I seem disinterested in a gift, PLEASE do not take it personally. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful family and friends that want to share in this time of celebration. We greatly appreciate your generosity and cannot thank you enough. We love you all and look forward to spending time with you in the coming weeks.
Here is the family prior to the shower. There is that belly pic we have been waiting for (sort of).
It looks like April is having a big time!!

"What do you mean they are having girls? Girls have cooties!"


No comments:
Post a Comment