Friday, January 23, 2009

It's Me Again

Based on recent comments, it appears that most of you appreciate that blog duties have shifted to April. While she has done a great job of posting pictures, you surely miss my ramblings regarding the mundane ins and outs of life in the Carter household. If not, feel free to skip the remainder of my post!!

The girls went to the doctor today for their RSV vaccine. After four short months, Cora has grown to 11 pounds, 9 ounces while Caroline is weighing in at a svelte 10 pounds, 7 ounces. That means that over the last four months, Cora’s and Caroline’s body weights have increased 150 percent and 125 percent respectively. That really blows my mind. If my body weight increased 150 percent I would weigh 510 pounds.

As April hinted earlier, bath time is the highlight of most of my days. Every night at bath time we play a game that April created called “Get Your Toes.” Actually, it is pronounced (in Rockingham County vernacular) “Geet’ cher Toes.” It basically consists of taking the girls feet and sticking them in their mouths while saying in an annoyingly squeaky voice, “Geet’cher toes, geet’cher toes, geet’cher toes!” It may not sound like much fun, but the girls smile and laugh like it is the best thing going. My hunch is this is something that they will outgrow with time, but we will enjoy it while it lasts.

As I look at my beautiful baby girls and marvel at how fast they are growing, I can’t help but think of the many life lessons that they have to learn and what a huge responsibility it is as a parent to impart this wisdom to your children. While life seems to get increasingly difficult as you get older and face new challenges, I have determined that they could utilize some of these lessons now. The following are the top five “pearls of wisdom” that I am currently trying to share with the girls.

1.) When you finish a bottle, it is important to burp to avoid uncomfortable gas.
2.) When you are nose to nose with the dog, be sure to keep your mouth closed.
3.) Let Dad know if you need to puke so he can let you out. (Actually, I am trying to teach this to the dog, but it would be nice if the girls learned it as well.)
4.) When April (“Mom” to the girls) offers you boob, you should take it. Who knows when you will get another opportunity!
5.) Don’t pee in your bathwater. I think this one is self explanatory.

1 comment:

Four Redheads said...

Okay, okay... now that I am laughing my head off, I will nominate Dee to officially update us and entertain us with his blog entries occassionally as long as April keeps posting frequently as well! :)